Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Birth of a Blog (Part 2)


Greetings world! Welcome to our baking blog. Above is a picture of me, Dena (left) and my beautiful roommate, Lauren (right). We took this picture just over a month ago, the first time we baked together (at midnight, might I add). We'll use this blog to document an extreme case of what happens when you give two cooks a kitchen. 

Now I'll tell you a bit about myself. I'm originally from Atlanta, GA and am currently a junior at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN. Like Lauren, I've been baking basically since I left the womb. Growing up, I baked a lot with my mother, who is a wonderful baker and real-food cook as well. I haven't quite mastered the latter yet, I literally just learned how to make pasta a few months ago. But I am absolutely obsessed with baking, partially because it's a fun creative outlet, and partially because my diet is made up mainly of baked goods (wish I was kidding). I've been baking even more than usual lately. I attribute that to the fact that I've returned to the States with a new "disfrutar la vida" (enjoy life) approach to life, and I often find baking to be a quite enjoyable alternative to say, studying. I've loved being able to bake at college because there's always someone who will eat what I make (I mean, besides me). 

 My signature baking ingredients are: Nutella, peanut butter, cinnamon, pumpkin, and chocolate. I rarely if ever make anything without at least one of those ingredients. 

I think I can speak for both Lauren and myself when I advise you to bake anything we post that looks appealing to you. We will not post anything that is not 100% delicious. So bake what looks good to you, and spread the happiness that only baked goods can bring with your friends, family, and even your enemies if you're feeling generous.

Good night, good luck, and when in doubt, bake.

<3 Dena




No comments:

Post a Comment