Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Biscoff Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Biscoff Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies




Just a few short months ago I discovered the amazingness that is Biscoff spread, also known to some as Speculos. For those unfamiliar with Biscoff spread, you may have had Biscoff cookies, as they are commonly served on planes. The cookies taste somewhat like cinnamon graham crackers, and Biscoff spread is made to taste exactly like the cookies, except in a spread form with the consistency of peanut butter. Even though I am not wild about Biscoff cookies, I have been pretty obsessed with the spread ever since trying it. When I tell people about it, I describe it as "right up there with Nutella" which is a bold statement coming from me. Ever since discovering Biscoff spread, I have had fun trying to incorporate it into my baking, as like anything else so incredibly delicious, it goes well with just about anything. Here's how I incorporated it into an oatmeal cookie recipe:


Ingredients:
*1 stick butter, softened
*1/3 cup Crisco butter flavored shortening
*1/4 cup Biscoff spread
*3 eggs
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 cup brown sugar
*3/4 cup white sugar
*2 ¼ cups flour
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp cornstarch
*2 tsp baking soda
*1 tsp cinnamon
*2 cups oats
*1 ½ cups chocolate chips

Yield: About 70 cookies

Directions

1.Mix Softened butter with shortening and Biscoff spread.
2. Add eggs, vanilla, and sugar.
3. Gradually incorporate flour into the mixture.
4. Add salt, cornstarch, baking soda, and cinnamon.
5. Mix in oats in chocolate chips.
6. Chill dough for about an hour int he refrigerator (or be inpatient like me and chill it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes)
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Scoop dough one tablespoon at a time onto a cookie sheet that is greased or covered with parchment paper.
9. Bake for 10 minutes
10. Let cool and enjoy!


Experiment with Biscoff and see what you can make...
and when in doubt, bake!

<3 Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment